10 Rarest Last Names in the United States
What are the top 5 last names? Smith is the most common last name in the United States, followed by Johnson, Miller, Jones, Williams, and Anderson, according to genealogy company Ancestry.com.
Consequently, What last names are extinct? Research extinct surnames
- Villin (Villan)
What’s the whitest last name?
|name SMITH||rank 1||White percent 70.90%|
|name JOHNSON||rank 2||White percent 58.97%|
|name WILLIAMS||rank 3||White percent 45.75%|
|name BROWN||rank 4||White percent 57.95%|
• 16 déc. 2016
What is the weirdest last name ever?
- Shufflebottom. This name has nothing to do with… …
- Biggerstaff. Originally from the region Bickerstaff in Lancashire county, the Biggerstaffs can count people with the last names Bickerstath, Bickerstathe, Bickersteth, and many more among their distant relatives. …
- Hartshorn. …
- Fullilove. …
- Clampitt. …
What are unique last names? Unique Last Names
What are some rich last names? 140 Famous Rich Surnames or Family Names With Meanings
- Albrecht. Derived from Germanic Adal (noble) and Behrt (bright or famous), this surname means “illustrious.” Germany’s Albrecht is heir to the most profitable retail chains across the world.
- Armani. …
- Augustus. …
- Astor. …
- Almas. …
- Arnoult. …
- Alodia. …
What is the rarest English name? Rarest Baby Names in the UK
- 1) Adelaide. The girls’ name Adelaide was chosen as the name for less than 200 babies last year and isn’t looking to be on the rise for 2020. …
- 2) Clemmie. …
- 3) Tulip. …
- 4) Breya. …
- 5) Prue. …
- 1) Denby. …
- 2) Axton. …
- 3) Lowen.
What is the longest last name?
Hubert B. Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, 47, a Philadelphia resident of German descent, used only the first 35 letters of his last name in signing documents. The computer of the John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Co., which handled Hubert’s life insurance policy, could only handle up to 35 letters.
What is the least popular girl name? Top ten most unpopular girls names
What are black last names?
The most common last names were English ones, like Johnson, Williams, Jackson, Brown, Jones, Smith, Richardson, and others. In 2011, Washington was even called the blackest name in the country in several op-eds citing the U.S. Census. Heartbreakingly, some African-Americans still wear their enslaved past in their name.
What are the weirdest names? 50 Weirdest Baby Names Ever!
- SEVEN. …
- SPARROW JAMES MIDNIGHT. …
- SPECK WILDHORSE. …
- STORMI. …
- SUNDAY MOLLY. Mike Myers and Kelly Tisdale’s daughter. …
- SURI. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ daughter: …
- TU MORROW. Debbon Ayer and Rob Morrow’s daughter. …
- ZUMMA NESTA ROCK. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale’s son.
What are some black last names?
Today, the most common African American surnames are still Williams, Johnson, Smith, and Jones, according to the 2000 U.S. Census and the 2010 U.S. Census. The names are the same as the top surnames in the United States: Smith, Johnson, Williams, Brown, and Jones.
What is MOE short for?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The given name or nickname Moe, often short for Maurice, Morris, Mortimer, Morton, Murray, Mohammed, Moore, Moses, Mordecai, or other given names.
What are sad names? Girl Names That Mean Unfortunate
- Akuji (African origin) means « dead and awake ». …
- Cecilia (Latin origin) means « blind ». …
- Claudia (Latin origin) means « lame ».
- Deirdre (Gaelic origin) means « sorrowful or sad one ».
- Desdemona (African origin) means, « ill-fated one » and « misery ».
What’s the funniest surname? Funniest Last Names In The World
- Assman. Assman, Assmann, or Aßmann is a German surname derived from Erasmus, which means “beloved” and mann meaning man in German.
- Aycock. It is an Anglo-Saxon name used for people who lived in Heycock in Berkshire.
- Baal. …
- Bader. …
- Ball. …
- Beaver. …
- Bellagamba. …
What are some fantasy last names?
Cool Last Names for Fantasy Characters
|Festus (fehs-tuhs)||Festive; joyful|
|Gallio (gal-ee-oh)||One who lives on milk|
• 14 mai 2020
What are badass last names? List Of Badass Last Names Or Surnames
- Abawi. The surname Abawi is of Arabic origin and means “brave.”
- Abbott. Derived from the Old French word abet, this name means “priest.” The name also has its origins in Greek and late Latin as the word abbas means “father.”
- Abe. …
- Abner. …
- Adamos. …
- Aetos. …
- Aldine. …
What name means death?
Thana means “death.” Thanatos is also a Greek name for the god of death.
What is a good fantasy last name? Cool Last Names for Fantasy Characters
|Lightfoot||A messenger or nimble runner|
|Priestley||Priest of the wood|
• 14 mai 2020
What is a rich girl name?
Powerful Rich Girl Names
• 3 mars 2022
What are Royal last names? Royal Last Names
- Bahrain — Al Khalifa.
- Belgium — Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
- Bhutan — Wangchuk.
- Brunei — Bolkiah.
- Cambodia — Norodom.
- Denmark — Glucksburg.
- Esweatini — Dlamini.
- Japan — Yamato.